Acrylics as decoration

Yabba, Yabba, Yabba.
Flying Ball Wizard

Acrylics as decoration

Post by Flying Ball Wizard » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:15 pm

Okay, we all know the problem with acrylics and the sun. No one wants their house on fire.

But I was wondering if someone found a way to use it inside as a decoration. For example with some metal construction or something else that's fireproof? Curious if someone has a solution, as acrylics are too pretty to be in a bag!

Riel Green

Re: Acrylics as decoration

Post by Riel Green » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:29 am

Acrylics are super-pretty and make great decoration sh I’ve never had a problem using them to decorate the house. . So long as you’re proactive in not placing them in a location with direct sunlight, then you’re golden.
This also will change

Flying Ball Wizard

Post by Flying Ball Wizard » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Hmm, makes sense! :D But I still rather have something under it, even while being proactive, just to be sure.

I was watching the series suits and noticed the protagonist has a contact/glass ball on his desk.

Seems like a little pot of clay or ceramic, I'll look for one. Anyone else with good ideas?

Drew

Post by Drew » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:38 pm

The clay pot might survive, but it might heat up the ball enough to met it or burn it.
Make a stand that ensures the focal point will never hit anything and you will have something sunlight safe.
Mmmmmm Balls.
Well, It looks like this signature function works fine :) to add your own or upload an avatar picture click on "user control panel" in the top left.